The Data Catalogue Interoperability Workshop was a two day meeting at the Informatics Forum in Edinburgh on 3-4th May 2011, for those who administer open data catalogues (particularly those located within Europe).
The meeting included discussion, design and development work aimed at:
- improving interoperability between different types of data catalogues (including but not limited to those powered by CKAN);
- allowing them to be federated more easily into projects like opendatasearch.org or publicdata.eu.
Key outcomes include:
- A set of best practises for data catalogues operators
- A proposed mechanism for harvesting metadata from catalogues
- Agreement to collaborate on datacatalogs.org – a canonical list of data catalogues maintained by key organisations and individuals
If you’re interested in any of these things – please come and say hello on the ckan-discuss list!
Detailed notes from the meeting are now available at:
Some photos from the workshop are available here: